Vietnam Visa For Malaysians: Check New Updates
Vietnam, a beautiful and culturally rich country located in Southeast Asia, is a destination that will captivate the hearts of Malaysians. With a long and diverse history, stunning landscapes, and delectable cuisine, Vietnam offers a unique and immersive experience for travelers.
Nowadays, traveling is more convenient than ever thanks to innovative visa policies. This article will introduce more details about the Vietnam eVisa: Do Malaysians need a visa to Vietnam? What are the changes to the Vietnam visa for Malaysians, its requirements, and how to apply for a visa effectively? So do not ignore this article.
Vietnam Visa For Malaysians: Check New Updates
Does a Malaysian citizen need a Vietnam visa?
Malaysians DO NOT REQUIRE a Vietnam visa to enter the country within 30 days. In contrast, a Vietnam visa is required if Malaysians stay longer than 30 days.
So what should Malaysians do if they want to stay in Vietnam for longer than 30 days:
- You can leave Vietnam, and then return with another 30-day visa exemption.
- Apply for a Vietnam 90-day e-Visa.
What is a Vietnam e-Visa?
A Vietnam visa is a kind of travel authorization granted by Vietnamese competent authorities, providing Malaysians or any foreigners permission to travel to and enter Vietnam.
In 2023, an electronic visa (E-visa) is one of the visa types issued to foreigners by the Vietnamese Immigration Department via an electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days, single or multiple entries.
What are the types of Vietnam eVisas for Malaysians and how long is it valid?
There are 02 types of Vietnam e-Visa and both are valid for up to 90 days, especially:
- Vietnam e-Visa - 90 days multiple entries
- Vietnam e-Visa - 90 days single entry
Kindly pay attention to the granted entry date and the granted exit date. Why?
- Travelers from Malaysia have to enter Vietnam by the allowable date granted on the visa.
- Do not overstay, leave the country by the exit date granted on the visa.
For example, for a visa valid from January 1, 2024, until March 30, 2024, its holder can enter Vietnam on any day between these 2 dates and must leave by March 30, 2024, unless the visa has been extended. In overstayed cases, the travelers will be fined.
Let’s check Vietnam visa requirements for Malaysians
To apply for a Vietnam visa online for Malaysian citizens effectively, kindly prepare the following documents:
- A passport scan with a Malaysia passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival.
- A scan of the biographical page of your passport.
- A personal photograph of the applicant in color. The image should cover the applicant’s full face, wearing formal clothes
- Portrait photo (soft copy).
- Payment methods: a credit/debit card or bank transfer.
- A valid email address to receive all the notifications of the application
Vietnam visa requirements for Malaysians
How to apply for a Vietnam tourist visa from Malaysia?
It is advisable to access our website to apply for a visa as soon as possible, at least a week before your departure date to avoid unexpected situations. Follow our instructions to apply effectively:
Step 1: Fill out the Vietnam visa application form by giving us: your passport photo, portrait photo, entry checkpoint, travel dates, full name, date of birth, passport number, nationality, date of arrival/ departure passport expiry date.
Step 2: Make a visa payment. Then you have to provide us with some information to complete your visa payment.
Step 3: Your visa application will be processed. After that, a valid visa will be issued through your email address. Do not forget to print and show it at the entry ports.
How much is a Vietnam visa fee from Malaysia?
There are 02 types of visa fees the applicant has to pay: the government fee and the service fee. Both are compulsory and paid prior to processing.
At the Vietnam Immigration Services, we have various timing options for your Vietnam visa processing. Take into consideration 03 options below:
- Normal: For travelers who want to obtain e-Visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: For travelers who want to obtain e-Visa within 02 business days.
- Super Urgent: For travelers who want to obtain e-Visa within 01 business day.
The payment methods accepted include Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and PayPal, as well as bank transfers. We highly recommend you research more about Payment Guidelines to avoid unnecessary delays.
How much is a Vietnam visa fee from Malaysia
Do not ignore this useful advice for a smooth Vietnam visa application
- As a regulation, once approved, the Vietnam e-Visa is linked electronically to your national passport. So keep both carefully to avoid applying for a new visa again.
- It is crucial that the Vietnam e-Visa is allowable for tourist purposes or business travel trips. For other purposes such as work, study, or engaging in non-tourist activities, a traditional visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Malaysia is more suitable.
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended for your security and safety when traveling abroad. Travel Insurance covers benefits including Medical Payments Coverage, protecting your Benefit from the COVID-19 pandemic, Trip Delay, Trip Interruption, and Lost Baggage.
- Think about your travel itinerary and then apply for a visa. Any changes after government payment will be charged as a new visa application.
- If you are afraid of waiting for hours at the airport, we recommend the Airport Fast-Track Services, helping you reduce wasting time.
Finally, we hope this article is helpful for your visa application as well as your cultural and culinary journey in Vietnam. A Vietnam visa for Malaysians is truly a great opportunity for your travel trip. Any concerns or questions will be welcomed, so do not hesitate to contact us.