Vietnam launches e-visas for visitors from 40 countries
Nationals of eligible countries will be able to apply for a 30-day single-entry e-visa starting February 1 2017.
The Vietnamese government has announced a two-year pilot plan to launch an electronic visa system for foreign tourists visiting the country.
Under a government directive released in late January, citizens from 40 countries will be eligible to apply for the e-visas starting on February 1 2017. Included on the list are China, Japan, South Korea, the U.S., the U.K., Germany and Sweden, all major target markets for Vietnam’s tourism sector.
It will take three working days for tourists to find out if their applications have been approved or not, according to the directive.
Successful applicants will be able to print off their e-visas to present when they arrive.
Visitors can touch down at any of Vietnam's eight international airports, including Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City, Noi Bai in Hanoi and Da Nang in the central region. They can also arrive via land at 13 international border gates, and via sea at seven ports across the country.
In November last year, Vietnam's National Assembly overwhelmingly approved the plan to allow foreign visitors to apply online for 30-day, single-entry e-visas.
Apart from visa exemptions for tourists from the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN), Vietnam offers 15-day visa exemptions for visitors from the U.K., France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and Belarus.
Tourism authorities are expecting to receive 11.5 million foreign arrivals this year, up 15 percent from 2016.
- New Policies On Vietnam Visa - The Validity Up To 90 days
- Vietnam's Tourism Minister Proposes Expanding E-Visa Program
- Ho Chi Minh City is the Best Place for World Digital Nomads
- Vietnam E-Visa Woes: Travelers Seek Efficiency and Reliability
- Vietnam Extends E-Visa Duration For Tourism and Investments
- Foreigners Await Vietnam's Potential Visa Rule Relaxation
- Vietnam Visa Approval Letter - Your Key To Hassle-Free Entry
- Vietnam E-visa Re-opening
- Vietnam Entry Requirements 2023: Check Info For Uk Citizens
- Visa exemption extends to 5 European countries
- Vietnamese Citizens To Enjoy Visa-Free Entry To Chile
- List Of Country Is Eligible To Apply For Vietnam E-Visa 2023