How to Apply for Vietnam Visa from United States
For those who have nationality of United States (USA), you have to get a Vietnam visa before you take a tour to Vietnam. Citizens of US and those living in US have two options to apply for Vietnam visa:
Option 1: Apply online for getting a Vietnam visa on arrival at the Vietnam airport (recommended)
For those who live far from Vietnam Embassy/Consular in USA and do not wish to send out their passport, please check visa requirement and apply for a tourist visa or business visa to Vietnam online through www.vietnamvisacorp.com to have your visa approval letter (see image) within 1 - 2 working days. So that you can obtain for a visa stamped at Vietnam Immigrate Department at Vietnam airports when you arrive. Vietnam visa on arrival is ONLY applicable for US citizen’s passport holders who are traveling to Vietnam by air. If you wish to travel Vietnam by other means of transport, you are advised to apply for Vietnam visa in person at Vietnam Embassy in USA.
4 steps to get Vietnam visa on arrival:
- Fill out the secure application form online
- Get confirmation and payment requirements
- Get your visa approval letter within one (01) or two (02) working days later and instructions to get your visa stamped
- Get your visa stamped into your passport on arrival
What the approval letter looks like.
- Please note that the visa issued by that way have same valid and conditions of using when comparing with which was issued by Vietnam Embassy oversea.
- If you have children travelling with you and they have their own passports, you will be required to apply and pay the same fees as if they were an adult.
Option 2: Apply offline for a Vietnam visa for US citizens
You will apply directly for a Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in USA. When apply there, you will be required to leave your original passport with many other documents with 7-10 days for checking your application. You will be approval if your profile is adapted with their standards. If you consider using this way for your Vietnam visa, you should get into the Vietnam Embassy website to prepare forms for a visa application before going to there to save you time for waiting and filling these form.
1. Embassy of Vietnam in Washington, United States
- Add: 1233 20th St NW, Suite 400 - Washington, DC 20036, United States
- Tel: 202.861.0737 / 202.739.1666 / 202.716.8666
- Fax: 202.861.0917
2. Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco, United States
- 1700 California Street, Suite 430, San Francisco, CA 94109, United States
- Phone: (415) 922-1707 / (415) 922 1577
- Fax: (415) 922-1848 / (415) 922 1757
3. Vietnamese Consulate in New York, United States
- 866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 435, New York, NY 10017, United States
- Phone: 212-644 0594 / 0831
- Fax: 212-644 5732
Besides the normally Vietnam visa service (completing the visa approval letter within 1 - 2 working days), we are able to support you a visa in urgent or emergency case, which Vietnam Embassy cannot give you a choice. We will process a letter for you to get your visa with 30 minutes or 1 hour after you enter your information in Rush Visa details or calling our hotline +84 902 991 556.
Moreover, www.vietnamvisacorp.com provides you the airport fast track and car pick-up service that can help you to get your visa stamp at the airport faster with our preparation documents and having a safe transport when you travel in Vietnam. Apply and take experience on our extra services, we believe you will feel happy and satisfied. If you need further information about the visa service, you can check more at FAQs section or contact us please if you need more support.
Apply and take experience on our services, I believe you will feel happy and satisfied. If you need further information, please feel free to Contact us.