How to Apply for Vietnam Visa from Korea, South
South Korea, officially the Republic of Korea, is a country in East Asia, constituting the southern part of the Korean Peninsula. The name Korea is derived from Goryeo, a dynasty which ruled in the Middle Ages.
Korea (South Korea) is in the exemption list for Visa to Vietnam within 15 days. Therefore:
- If you stay in Vietnam less than 15 days, visa to Vietnam is NOT REQUIRED.
- If you stay in Vietnam more than 15 days, visa to Vietnam is REQUIRED.
Citizens of South Korea and those living in this country have two options to apply for Vietnam visa:
1. Apply online for a visa on arrival to Vietnam
Both a business visa and a tourist visa can be granted by visa on arrival. With this, you apply for a visa by internet then you will pick up your visa upon arrival in Vietnam. Once issued by Vietnam Immigrate Department at the airport, your visa on arrival is exactly same visa as issued by a Vietnam Embassy or Consulate, with similar limitations and conditions of using.
When applying for a visa on arrival to Vietnam, besides the service fee paid in advance, each traveller should prepare some cash in USD or VND to pay for Stamping Fee at the arrival airport, check vietnam visa fee here.
4 steps to get Vietnam visa on arrival:
- Fill out the secure application form online.
- Get confirmation and payment requirements.
- Get your visa approval letter (see image below) within one (01) or two (02) working days later and instructions to get your visa stamped.
- Get your visa stamped into your passport on arrival.
What the approval letter looks like
*** Please note that the visa issued by that way have same valid and conditions of using when comparing with which was issued by Vietnam Embassy oversea.
*** If you have children travelling with you and they have their own passports, you will be required to apply and pay the same fees as if they were an adult.
Vietnam Visa Corp can also provide you visa on arrival in urgent cases which the Vietnam Embassy or consular cannot support you. If you are in this case, please contact us for a RUSH VISA.
2. Apply for a visa at Vietnam Embassy in South Korea
You must come and apply by yourself at Vietnam Embassy or Consular in South Korea or oversea for a Vietnam visa.
Embassy of Vietnam in Seoul, South Korea:
- Add: 28-58, Samchong-Dong, Chongno-Ku,110-230, Seoul, South Korea
- Tel: (822) 739 2065 738 2318 / Visa Information: 734 - 7948 / Consular section: 734 7948
- Fax: (822) 739 2064; 738 2317
Normally, apply though there may take you 5-6 days for check your visa application and you will be asked for visa fee once you apply and leaving your original passport there for checking and no refund if declined. Please remember to prepare full the required documents for visa application at Vietnam embassy before coming there to save you time.
3. Extra services
We provide the extra services related to Vietnam visa such as renewal and extension service with validity from one (01) to three (03) months for both single and multiple entries. Moreover, to make convenient to all of our guests, Vietnam Visa Corp gives more options to them for an Airport fast-track service and Car pick-up service to take their time after a long flight landing in Vietnam.
Please contact us when you need a visa to Vietnam.