Vietnam Visa Corp Q&A
How long can I stay in Vietnam without a visa?I will spend my holiday in Vietnam for 5 weeks and I am lazy to apply new visa and spend money. So how long can I stay without a visa?
Dear sir or madam,
Thanks for your question,
Almost visitors need visa to enter Vietnam. Only citizen of certain countries which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Vietnam can visit the country without visa. Those countries include :
- Most citizens of ASEAN countries: Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Laos, Cambodia except Myanmar,& Timor Leste are exempted from Vietnam visa requirement and are permitted to stay the country within 30 days. citizen of Philippine don’t need visa for 21 days. Citizen from Brunei are allowed to enter Vietnam without visa within 14 days.
- Citizens of Korea, Japan & Scandinavians (citizens of Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland) are permitted to enter Vietnam within 15 days if they have return tickets.
From 1 Jan 2009, Russian passport holders are not required visa to Vietnam for 15 days if having return tickets.
- No visa required for travelers less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months: Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports.
- Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports are exempt from Vietnam visa requirements not more than 60 days.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic 60 Cooperation (APEC) member economie don’t need visa within 60 days.
- No Vietnam entry visa for traveling to Phu Quoc Island – Vietnam : Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gates and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc not more than 15 days will also be exempt from Vietnam visa requirements. Passports must have 45 day validity. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas right on the spot.
If you are not any above cases, you need to visa to enter Vietnam. Applying visa is very simple, it just takes you few minutes to complete.
When receiving your application and the apyment as well, we will process your visa and send the letter in 2 working days.
Then you can print out this letter and get visa stamp at the airport. If you don't want to wait for a long time at the airport, you can use fast check in service.
Everything is really simple and convenient with few steps.
Have a nice day.
Vietnam visa team