Vietnam Visa News
Regulation On Foreigners Entry Into, Exit From, And Residence In Phu Quoc Island
Regulation On Foreigners' Entry Into, Exit From, And Residence In Phu Quoc Island Kien Giang Province
Chapter I : ENTRY INTO, AND EXIT FROM PHU QUOC ISLAND
- Phu Quoc island (excluding areas exclusively planned for public security or defense purpose) shall be eligible for entry and exit preferences specified in Clause 1, Article 3 of the Prime Minister's Decision No, 53/2001/QD-TTG of April 19, 2001, on policies toward border-gate economic zones.
- Foreigners and Vietnamese holding foreign passports (hereinafter referred collectively to as foreigners) who enter, exit from, and reside in Phu Quoc island, for a stay period not exceeding 15 days shall be exempt from visas; foreigners who enter an international border-gate of Vietnam and stay in its transit lounge before traveling to Phu Quoc island shall also be exempt from visas.
Citizens of countries entitled to visa exemption shall observe current regulations.
1. Foreigners arriving at the island by the sea through Phu Quoc international border-gate shall carry out entry procedures with the entry and exit management body right at the border-gate; foreigners traveling to Phu Quoc island by air shall carry out entry procedures at Vietnam's international airports, then stay in transit lounges of these air ports before taking domestic fights to Phu Quoc island.
2. When carry out entry procedures, foreigners shall have to produce their passports which are still valid for at least 45 days.
- In cases where, after coming to Phu Quoc island, visitors wish to travel to other localities, the entry and exit management body shall consider and grant visas to them right in Phu Quoc island; if they wish to stay in Phu Quoc more than 15 days, the entry and exit management body shall consider and extend their sojourn period.
- Crew members holding valid foreign crew members' books or crew member's passport may enter, exit from, and reside in Phu Quoc island during the period when their ships anchor at Phu Quoc island.
- As from the effective date of this Regulation, the Ministry of Defense shall, after reaching agreement with the Ministry of Public Security and the People's Committee of Kien Giang province, report to the Prime Minister on the demarcation of Phu Quoc island areas exclusively planned for public security or defense purposes, publicize these areas and put up specific direction and no-entry signboards for each area.
Chapter II : RESIDENCE IN PHU QUOC ISLAND
- Foreigners entering Vietnam through Phu Quoc international border-gate shall be granted right at the border-gate by the entry and exit management body certificates for a sojourn period corresponding to the visa-exemption period; foreigners who are lawfully sojourning in Vietnam, when arriving at Phu Quoc island, shall not have to carry out procedures for sojourn certification but report thereon according to current regulations.
- Once in Phu Quoc island, foreigners may freely reside and travel there in accordance with the registered entry purposes, except for no-entry areas and areas exclusively planned for public security or defense purpose; if they want to enter such areas, they must obtain permission of competent agencies according to the Provision of the Prime Minister's Decision No. 160/2004/QD-TTg of September 6, 2004, no-entry areas and locations.
- Foreigners who apply for the extension of their sojourn period, change in registered sojourn purposes, grant supplementation or amendment of visas, or grant of sojourn cards or residence cards, shall carry out procedures with the entry and exit management body of Phu Quoc Police in person or through other agencies, organizations or individuals.
- Visa Exemption for Vietnamese People Residing Abroad
- Ordinance On Entry, Exit And Residence Of Foreigners In Vietnam
- Detailing The Implementation Of The Ordinance On Entry, Exit And Residences In Vietnam
- Visa exemption for Vietnamese and Cambodian citizens
- Ministry of security founding anniversary on August 19th 1945 to August 19th 2013
- Why should you have some USD cash ready before going to Vietnam?
- Notice: Vietnam Traditional Holiday (Lunar New Year) from Jan/20/2012 to Jan/31/2012.
- Vietnam National Holiday 2014
- Why choosing Vietnam visa online?
- How do I get a Vietnam visa Exemption Certificate?
- Custom Luggage Policy for People Entry Vietnam
- Vietnam Immigration Department takes 4 days off to welcome New Year 2013
- Vietnam National Holiday Notice on August 20th 2012
- What is the visa on arrival? How to get it?
- What should I take note before submitting Vietnam Visa online?
- How to apply for 3-6 months multiple entry Visas on Arrival to Vietnam
- Longer process time of Vietnam visa on arrival for Indian from 2012
- Vietnam National Day Holiday from Sep/01/2012 to Sep/03/2012
- Notice: Vietnam visa stamping fee is raising from Jan 01, 2013
- Notice: Vietnam Traditional Holiday (Lunar New Year) from Feb/09/2013 to Feb/17/2013
- Notice: Vietnam holidays and International Labor Day from Apr/27/2013 to May/01/2013
- Now, do you want to have a Vietnam visa 6 months multiple entries?
- Vietnam visa extension when you are in Vietnam
- Vietnamvisacorp.com confirmed online payment system is not affected by OpenSSL “Heartbleed”
- VietnamVisaCorp.Com Announces New Website Design Launch
- Legitimate Approval Letter & Visa procedures at Vietnam Airports
- HOLIDAY NOTICE 2015
- URGENT NOTICE: Immigration Office is closed for Tet Holiday
- Alerts: IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENTS TAKES 2 DAYS OFF ON INDEPENDENCE DAY 2014
- Vietnam Immigration Department Opening hours
- Single entry Vietnam visa vs. Multiple entry Vietnam visa