Who needs Visa to Vietnam?
Only citizens of certain countries can visit Vietnam without an entry visa. They include:
Most citizens of ASEAN member-countries: Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, and Lao citizens do not need a Vietnam visa if they are visiting the country within 30 days; passport holders from the Philippines do not need a visa for 21 days; Brunei passport holders are not required to get a visa to Vietnam for 15 days. They could apply for popular passport type with return tickets. Citizens of Myanmar and Timor-Leste are all required Visa to Vietnam. But you must have return ticket if they arrive to Vietnam via visa exemption.
Passport holders from Korea, Japan, Russia and the Scandinavian nations (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland) do not need a visa to Vietnam if they intend to stay in the country within 15 days. But they must have return ticket if they arrive to Vietnam via visa exemption. To make sure who need visa, you can check here for visa requirement.
Therefore, the two groups above need to apply Vietnam visa if they want to stay the free period longer than prescribed.
All other citizens are required to get a Vietnam entry visa (issued prior to departure by local consulates or embassies) or a pre-approved letter for picking up an entry visa (issued on arrival at Vietnam's International Airports) at the airport. Both are supplied before arrival in the country.
No visa required for travel in Vietnam for less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months - Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports.
No Vietnam visa required for travel within 60 days - Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports.
No visa Vietnam required for 60 days/time with APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies
Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate to travel to PhuQuoc Island and stay there for less than 15 days will also be exempted from Vietnam visa application. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving on PhuQuoc Island, the Vietnamese immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas on the spot if visitors want to travel other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days.
No visa required for Vietnamese overseas for less than 90 days staying if they are holding Vietnam visa exemption certificate.
For more information about how to get Vietnam visa or who really need a visa to Vietnam. Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Hotline: +84932.177.566. We always support you 24/7.
- How can I extend my visa when I am in Vietnam?
- Can I enter Vietnam before or after the approved date?
- How to settle the payment?
- What is service fee?
- What is the stamping fee?
- Where to get the visa stamp?
- Need a single or multiple entries visa?
- Download Form
- What is an approval letter for Vietnam visa?
- In urgent case, how fast can I get Vietnam visa approval letter?
- How can I get the approval letter for Vietnam visa?
- What are requirements for applying Vietnam visa?
- Where can I get Vietnam visa?
- Can I get Vietnam visa at embassy with the approval letter code?
- How much total fee do I have to settle for visa to Vietnam?
- What is Vietnam visa on arrival?
- How Vietnam Visa Works?
- Which country citizens are exempt from Vietnam Visa?
- How to get Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassies or Consulates?
- What is process of requesting approval letter for Vietnam Visa?
- What is Vietnam visa approval letter code?
- Should I provide you with the exact date of arrival?
- I am Indian, can I get Vietnam visa on arrival?
- Can I get visa to Vietnam upon arrival if I come to Vietnam by sea or road?